Promises of God
This is the beginning of a series of posts that I will write weekly or more often.
If you have been reading my posts this week, you should have seen that I was totally blessed by the sermon Pastor Joel Osteen shared on TBN regarding the Promises of God. So I decided to start going through the Bible to find the promises that God has given His children throughout His Word. So at least each week, could be more often than that, I will post several promises of God to us so that we can speak daily over our lives until they come to pass. Personally, I will continue to speak these promises even after they come to pass (when its relevant to my situation …. ie children). I wanted to post them so that you all can be aware of the promises and remind God for yourselves. LET’S ALL BE BLESSED!!!`
I am going to write out how I am going to speak it (you can read it aloud too if you like) and then I will put what Scripture I got it from for your reference. Please look up the Scripture for yourself so that you can see where it is in the Bible. I don’t want you to just take my word for it, but refer to the Scripture I write in the Bible so that you will know the Word for yourself.
Present your case to God and remind him of what He says. For example, “Lord you said I am blessed in the city and blessed in the country, and I stand on your promise and your Word…I remind you of what your Word says.”
The Promises of God
- Lord, your word says that you are our light and our salvation so we shall not fear. You are the stronghold of our lives so we have no one to be afraid of. Psalm 27:1
- Lord, your word says when the wicked advance against us to devour us, it is our enemies and our foes who will stumble and fall. Psalm 27:2
- Lord, your word says though an army besiege me, my heart will not fear; though war break out against me, even then I will be confident. Psalm 27:3
- Lord, in your word you tell us that we should not fear because you are with us, we should not be dismayed because You are our God, and You will strengthen us, help us, and will uphold us with Your righteous right hand. Isaiah 41:10
- Lord, in your word you tell us to bring the whole tithe into the storehouse, that there may be food in Your house. To test You, oh Lord, in this and see if You will not throw open the floodgates of heaven and pour out so much blessing that there will not be room enough to store it. And so because we tithe (give 10% to our the church we attend) we know that you will bless us with abundance! Malachi 3:10